Who is WAND? Visit the National WAND Web Site
- Members and Supporters: - our core - more than 10,000 people nationwide who receive educational information, take part in actions, and support WAND's work both financially and philosophically.
- Chapters: groups of energetic and concerned women who come together to bring WAND's message to their local communities.
- WiLL (Women Legislators' Lobby): roughly 500 state legisltors from 49 states representing tens of millions of constituents. WiLL is the only multipartisan national network of progressive women state legislators working to influence federal policy and budget priorities. One out of every three women state legislators is a member of WiLL, and 20 former WiLL members are now members of the 107th Congress.
- WAND Partners: organizations throughout the US linked with WAND to advance progressive public policies that redirect excessive military spending to unmet human and environmental needs. WAND's Partner network currently stands at more than 675 groups and spans 34 states.
- WAND PAC, WAND's political action committee, supports progressive women candidates for the U.S. Congress who are members of WAND or WiLL.
Women are the majority in the United States. We start most of the new businesses, make most consumer decisions and are the majority of Social Security and Medicare beneficiaries. Women have the most at stake in federal budget priorities, yet traditionally our voices have been absent or dismissed in debates on budget priorities and national security policies.
WAND is working to ensure that women's voices are heard at
every table where those decisions are made.
Please Join Us!
We invite you to find out more about WAND on this website, or contact us.